Manuscripts considered for publication in WCSA journal are those which:
• Contain original work– which is not published elsewhere in any medium by the authors or anyone else and is not under consideration for publication in any other medium. The author(s) is/are also responsible for any violations of the copyright regulations.
• Are focused on the core aims and scope of the journal: WCSAJ is a peer-reviewed, double-blind, “open access” academic publication focusing broadly on the contemporary intersections of the fields of sociology, political science, and communication. The journal particularly privileges the epistemic approach behind “Systemics and Complexity Theories,” therefore interdisciplinary academic works are welcome (e.g., economics, psychology, digital media, Internet studies, and philosophy).
• Are clearly and correctly written – should contain all essential features of a complete scientific paper, should be written in a clear, easy to understand manner and be readable for a wide audience
• Are written in British English – should be clearly and grammatically written, in an easily readable style. Attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandingswhich might lead to rejection of the paper. Correct language is the responsibility of the authors. Unless the author is an English native speaker, the paper must be proofread by a language editor, English native speaker.
• Maximum length of an article is between 5,000 (minimum) and 10,000 (maximum) words, and for a book review 5,000 words inclusive of the abstract, tables, references, figure captions and footnotes. Article should be submitted in MS Word format. The paper should start with a cover page with names and mailing and electronic addresses of the authors. To assure the anonymity of the refereeing procedure the names of the authors should not appear in the text.
• All parts of the manuscript should be type-written (Times New Roman font size 12), with margins of 2.5 cm, alignment: justify, line spacing: 1, paragraph spacing: 6 pt before and after each paragraph. An empty row will be introduced before every subtitle. Titles and subtitles must be numbered (1., 1.1, …2, …).
• Tables and figures should be placed in the body of the paper exactly where the authors want them to appear printed and be of the size desired by the authors. We recommend that the tables and figures fit on one page and be inside the margins of the paper. Graphs must be uncluttered and easy to read, preferably in black and white. Tables and figures will be numbered. Their content will be written using the Times New Roman font type, 10 point. The heading should be in Times New Roman font type, 10 point, bold, positioned above the corresponding table or below the corresponding figure. Please indicate the source of data when appropriate (in Times New Roman font type, 10 point, italic, center, below the table or figure). References to tables and figures must be made within parentheses in the text of the paper, e.g.: (figure no.1), (table no. 1).
• Research papers and review articles should follow a strict structure following typical requirements for scientific publications. See details e.g. at: https://thevisualcommunicationguy.com/writing/how-to-organize-a-paper/how-to-organize-a-paper-the-imrad-format or simply search the internet using keywords IMRAD format
• At the end of the paper a reference list in alphabetical order should be supplied. The WCSAJ uses Chicago style reference, found here. References should not be numbered or bulleted. Use, 10 pt for reference. Citation not older than the last decade should be used as much as possible.
Peer Review Process
Editor reviews each paper and, if it is judged suitable for publication in WCSA Journal, paper is sent to at least two independent reviewers for blind peer review.After the consultation with the relevant members of the Editorial Board, taking into account reviewer’s recommendations, the editor decides wheteher the paper will be accepted as is, revised or rejected.
WCSA Journal is published quartelry.
Open Access Policy
The WCSA Journal is uniquely an “open access” peer-reviewed scholarly publication which allows for the completely free and open access of scientific intellectual property (e.g.: articles, essays, reviews). The Academy does not own the copyright of any information, and operates on a “copyleft” model, which provides for the open access of all content.
The WCSA Journal is available entirely online to readers without any financial, legal, or technical barriers (no publication charges, for instance), based on the idea and theory that the article’s content should remain free of contextual motive, wholly objective, and thus intellectually intact.
Authors should use the widely-acclaimed Creative Commons licenses to specify the legal usage rights of articles and knowledge property. Accordingly, The WCSA Journal celebrates the notion that all legal copyright of intellectual property belongs exclusively to the contributing authors.
World Complexity Science Academy Journal
a peer-reviewed open-access quarterly published
by the World Complexity Science Academy
Address: Via del Genio 7, 40135, Bologna, Italy
For inquiries, contact: Dr. Massimiliano Ruzzeddu, Editor in Chief
World complexity science Academy journal
ISSN online: 2724-0606
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.